Sunday, January 4, 2009

Interesting...

Did you ever get so caught up in your own bad self-esteem and petty life drama, that you forget the impact that you have on other people? It happens to me all the time. I'm an extrovert, but in times of extreme stress I become a hermit, and isolate myself from everyone. I've done that quite a bit over the last few years, but have made a New Year's resolution to do a little bit better with that this year.

To that end, I was cleaning out my email and trying to figure out who I owe email to, who I owe phone calls to, who are the most neglected of my peoples that need attention first.... and I came across an email I received 10 weeks ago. From a long lost male friend, someone who was pre-baron. Someone I was crazy about, but that I perhaps did not treat the way a person should be treated. Huh. It was basically trying to find out if I am who he thought I was (he saw me through my myspace page).


So...let's play a game of Devil's Advocate...what would you do? Would you send a reply back? Would you just chalk up to someone closing in on age 40 and trying to evaluate their life? Would you think it's a breach of trust with the baron (even though I'm reading this to him as I type it, so it's really not a matter of not disclosing). Okay ladies, I'll be eagerly looking at the comments to see what you would do.

4 comments:

Cheysu said...

As long as all parties are aware, I'd email him back.

I have a slew of exes that call me all the time. DH knows whenever they call, even though one moron gets panicky if DH picks up and he hangs up. Uh....moron, we have caller-id. And he knows you call. It's OK.

Sigh........anyway, give the guy a break and email him. It's the least you can do, since he's got your name inked on his ass. ;)

Rosehawk72 said...

I absolutely think you should email him back! Especially since I'm pretty sure I know who this is and he was a really nice guy.

The Captain's Wife said...

I say that as long as both you and Baron are on board with the reply, there is no harm. If you were to reply without sharing with your partner..not good. T did that a couple of years ago. His long lost love came back into his life, without me being aware...I found out about it, purely by mistake, but when I did i found all the coorespondance that had taken place in secret for months...it was heart breaking.

I have remained friendly with my first love (he has a tat with my name too) throughout the years. Now we talk only once or twice a year, but T has always known about it, has come with me to the Cape to visit him, etc....It was important for me to keep him in my life, but not without T's aggreement.

moosh said...

Very interesting indeed! I've followed up on your comments, and did email him. El - def the guy you know, and very nice guy.

And I absolutely agree - complete disclosure. Probably too much... I don't think I was supposed to see his picture and say to the baron "Wow!!! He aged really well! I remember him being attractive, but DAMN!". Woopsie.

KK- completely hear you about finding secret correspondence. Even if nothing happened, it's still heartbreaking. Something similar happened between me and the baron, and I'm not sure I'm over it yet, but working on letting go. Probably why I over- shared :)