Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

My most favoritest of all the holidays! I've mentioned before that Baron's family is very Polish, right? Oh... the smorgasboard of cured meat is amazing! 2 kinds of kielbasa from Martin Rosol's, ham, coleslaw, and a few glasses of wine (hic!). Possibly more than a few glasses, but Baron was driving (hic!) Okay, maybe it was a full bottle (hic!). And not one of those wimpy little 2 1/2 glass bottles.

A lovely time was had by all. I was NOT the Harbinger of Death for this holiday. I had a conversation with Auntie C, and didn't mention a single person dying (yes, my Gram had passed since the last time I saw them, but it didn't come up in conversation - a major victory (refer to this post if you have no idea what I'm talking about

I had too much to drink and hung out with Baron's twentysomething cousins. Love those girls - they are fantastic! We got on to the subject of FB, and I promised to friend them as soon as I got home (which I did). Baron's nephew still wants to come and visit for a weekend, which we promised soon. All in all, a sense of family, friendship, good conversation, and did I mention good wine?

Sigh. This is what family is supposed to be about (hic!). Only mildly dysfunctional and anesthetized by alcohol.

I'm off to go take a nap on the couch. Did I ever mention that I'm an "I love you man" breed of drunk?

No comments: